Thursday 17 July 2008

Ten days to go...

This blog is about the things I eat, not the day to day stuff like the cheese savoury sandwich I had at work today, but the out of the ordinary. I hope to keep a record of the food consumed on my travels, I might even do a retrospective when I run dry.

It's ten days today until i go to Morocco. I'm beginning to get excited but, I suspect the lads are too. Hopefully I'll be able to send photo blogs from my phone to keep people posted on what I've been scoffing whilst I'm out there.

I was on a course at the Tyneside Cinema last week and it was suggested I publish a blog of my trip as all I talked about was the things I was going to eat.

Here's a list of the things I'd like to get my chops around:
  • Camel
  • Brains (lamb)
  • Merguez in the Djemaa el Fna
  • Snails
  • Locusts
  • Goats heed
  • Sardines in Essaouira
  • Conga
  • Argan oil
  • Ras el hanout (a few to compare and contrast)
  • Nice bit of pigeon

No comments: